What's a Dig Day?
Since 2013, we’ve hosted over a dozen Dig Days each year to tune up our local trails right here in the Santa Cruz Mountains. Volunteers are provided breakfast and coffee in the morning, lunch and post-work refreshments, plus a raffle funded by generous sponsors. Dig Days are led by our professional SCMTS Trail Crew and program staff, and all experience levels are welcome.
Read our blog post here to learn more about what to expect when you attend an SCMTS Dig Day.
More Dig Days are Coming
Sign up for our newsletter to be the first to receive additional Dig Day updates and sign up forms.
Can’t wait for the next Dig Day? Check out these resources for new and returning volunteers:
- Ultimate Trail Work Guide: Hand Tools
- Ultimate Trail Work Guide: Apparel
- Land Acknowledgements by UCSC
- Naturalist Segment: Five Wildflowers You’ll See Today
- How to Go to the Bathroom in the Woods by REI
- Trail Academy: Intro to Trails - Recording
Questions? We're here to help. Email [email protected]. Until then, happy trails!