Adopt a Trail Program
Thousands of trail users flock to Santa Cruz trails each year – did you know that Emma McCrary Trail receives 80,000 trips a year?
With your name out there as a trail adoptee, thousands of trail users will see your commitment to trail stewardship. Make your mark on local outdoor recreation and adopt a trail today!
Through the Adopt-A-Trail Program, businesses, organizations and individuals can support maintenance on their favorite trails and pumptracks in the Santa Cruz Mountains region. Each adoption covers the annual maintenance costs needed to upkeep these public resources. The Adopt-A-Trail Program is operated under agreements with local land managers, including the City of Santa Cruz Parks and Recreation Department, the City of Watsonville Parks and Community Department, County of Santa Cruz Parks, and other local agencies.
You or your organization will receive a trailhead sign on your adopted trail or pumptrack listing you as the trail sponsor. These are official, high-quality signs. This is a yearly renewable program, and we ask that you consider a multi-year contribution. Funds are used for ongoing upkeep and maintenance that everyone notices and appreciates.
Trail Adoption Benefits
- Preservation of local trails and pumptracks – your donation covers the cost of maintenance for one year!
- Trailhead signage listing your name or your organization’s name as the ‘Sponsor’
- Option to host volunteer trail day with friends, family and co-workers. Food, beverages, tools and good times provided by SCMTS
- Website listing and name association with the trail or pumptrack
- Thousands of smiling and appreciative trail users
Adoption funds are 100% tax-deductible (SCMTS Tax ID # 77-0457425)
Current Trail Adoptees
Emma McCrary Trail in Pogonip - Giro
Building and maintaining trails happens all year long. And there are lots of ways you can connect with other riders and hikers to dig in the dirt, learn techniques for building world-class trails, and much more.